Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Doctor in Marietta, GA
Orthopaedic Treatments for Athletes Living in or near Marietta, GA
Non-Surgical Orthopaedics - Marietta specializes in the non-surgical treatment of orthopaedic conditions and sports injuries. Our emphasis on this conservative, minimally invasive approach to orthopaedic care is what separates us from traditional orthopaedic practices. We recognize that the majority of sports injuries can be successfully treated without surgery, and treating musculoskeletal conditions non-surgically is the sole focus of our practice.
Some of the many orthopaedic and sports injuries that we treat include:
- Back and neck injuries
- Hip and knee injuries
- Shoulder, elbow and wrist injuries
- Foot and ankle injuries
- Acute sprains and strains
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
Non-Surgical Orthopaedics - Marietta is committed to our non-surgical approach, and we strive to see Marietta, GA patients with acute injuries within 48 hours. Call us today at 770-421-1420 to schedule an appointment.
Symptoms of Sports Injuries
If you or a loved one has suffered a sports injury, watch out for these symptoms:
- Headache, nausea, slurred speech, fatigue and mental fogginess are all signs of a concussion. People who have suffered impacts to the head should vigilantly watch for these symptoms for several days after the injury was sustained.
- Localized joint swelling and inflammation are frequently present after sprains and contusions.
- Experiencing pain while participating in a specific sport or motion, but not while resting, might be indicative of tendonitis.
- Tingling or sharp pains in your wrist and fingers, or grip weakness, could be signs of an injury in the complex structure of bones, nerves, tendons, ligaments and connective tissues in your wrists, hands or elbows.
- Having a reduced range of motion is frequently a symptom of a sprain or ligament damage, especially when a limb suddenly has difficulty bearing weight or feels unstable.
- Some popping or clicking of joints is common and doesn’t necessarily indicate an injury, but especially audible pops or popping sensations are frequently signs of ACL injuries, Achilles tendon ruptures or meniscus tears.
Our Sports Injury Treatment Process
No two injuries are ever exactly the same. Working with Marietta board-certified orthopaedic specialists who have extensive experience treating all types of injuries is one of the most reliable ways to make sure you’re getting both the right diagnosis and the best possible treatment plan to make a full recovery.
Physical Examination and Diagnostics
Physical examinations at Non-Surgical Orthopaedics- Marietta aren’t a one-way street. In addition to thoroughly examining MArietta, GA athletes we’ll also ask many questions, discuss how it happened, gauge normal activity level, identify any pre-existing conditions you may have that could have contributed to the injury and have you explain exactly what kind of pain or combination of symptoms you may be experiencing.
We have robust diagnostic capabilities in our Marietta and Carrollton offices, from X-rays and MRIs to CT scans and fluoroscopes. Our Marietta sports injury specialists excel at pinpointing damage and any contributing factors that need to be addressed.
Your Sports Injury Treatment
Joint and back pain, sports and work injuries and pain related to aging are problems that affect the vast majority of Americans at some point in their lives. As a result, there a lot of orthopaedic specialists across the country, including in Marietta, Georgia.
Those orthopaedists take sometimes drastically different approaches to treating sports injuries or workplace injuries. You may discover that you’re less interested in certain types of orthopaedic intervention once you have learned about all your sports injury treatment options.
Many Marietta, GA athletes with sports injuries visit us because they’re looking for a solution that will let them:
- Avoid surgery and potentially addictive pain medications
- Fully recover their strength, stability and range of motion
- Jumpstart their body’s healing potential
Regenerative medicine treatments, combined with other injections and physical therapy, often offer an ideal solution for athletes seeking a fast recovery that doesn’t involve surgery. We offer a number of potential regenerative treatment options to ensure we can provide the best sports medicine treatment in Marietta and Georgia as a whole:
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP)
- Intradiscal Platelet Rich Plasma Injections
- Amniotic Stem Cell Therapy
- Bone Marrow Stem Cell Therapy
You might also benefit from injections to manage discomfort and pain during your recovery. Many injections offered by Non-Surgical Orthopaedics - Marietta can help improve your range of motion and reduce inflammation. These injections can aid in your recovery and minimize the impact of your injury on your life.
Helping You Understand When and How You Can Return to Activity
Many Marietta, GA athletes who visit us for sports injuries want to expedite their treatment so they can get back in the game as soon as possible. We understand every patient’s eagerness to put their injury behind them, but we also want to make sure you make a full recovery to prevent your injuries from recurring.
We’ll detail a comprehensive plan, which will include things like:
- Physical therapy and at-home exercises you should be doing
- Recommended levels of activity during your recovery
- Estimated schedules for when you may be able to return to your pre-injury level of activity
- Goals posts that can help you track your progress and safely get back to normal
We can tailor our treatments and recommendations based on your professional and lifestyle needs to ensure you get the right care for you.
Get Treatment for Your Sports Injury in Marietta or Carrollton
The Marietta, GA board-certified orthopaedic, sports injury and pain management doctors at Non-Surgical Orthopaedics - Marietta are committed to providing comprehensive care for our patients and Marietta, GA athletes, from detailed examinations, diagnostics and imaging through to the end of your physical therapy.
If you are seeking a sports injury treatment plan that doesn’t involve surgery, our doctors are here for you. Call our Marietta, GA office 770-421-1420 to schedule a consultation.